- Mid-Ohio Friday Notebook
- GT/GTS Set for Split Races, Enduros Being Considered for 2015
- Lazzaro Tops Friday Practice at Mid-Ohio
- Rahal Evaluating Expansion to Prototypes
- Leitzinger: “It’s Fantastic to Be in Such a Comfortable Place”
- MAGNUSSEN: Indianapolis Debrief
- Conway to Sub for Nakajima at COTA
- RealTime Acura TLX GT to Debut at Mid-Ohio
- DeltaWing Team Moves into New Shop
- BARBOSA: Indianapolis Debrief
Aleshin Completes SMP Racing’s Rolex 24 Lineup
- Updated: January 15, 2014
The lineup for SMP/ESM Racing’s Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 car for the Rolex 24 at Daytona is now complete. (En Français)
After testing four drivers at the Roar Before the Rolex 24, the Franco-Russian squad, flying the colors of Russian bank SMP, has confirmed the addition of Mikhail Aleshin for the opening round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
The 26-year-old rising open-wheel star, who recently signed to drive for Schmidt Peterson Racing in the IndyCar Series, will join Sergey Zlobin, Maurizio Mediani Boris Rotenberg and Mika Salo behind the wheel of the Prancing Horse, run in support by Extreme Speed Motorsports.
All five drivers are no strangers to SMP, having previously driven in the Blancpain Endurance Series as part of the team’s multi-car program.
This season, SMP will divide its time between several championships, including the FIA World Endurance Championship with two Oreca 03 Nissans and the European Le Mans Series with several Ferrari 458 GT3 cars. SMP won the GTC title in the ELMS last year.