- Taylors, Ganassi In Win Contention into Final Two Hours
- VIDEO: Magnus Racing Porsche Hits Possum
- Taylor Retakes Lead with Four Hours to Go
- VIDEO: Rolex 24 Hour 19 Highlights
- VIDEO: Rolex 24 Overnight Highlights
- VIDEO: Porsche 911 RSRs Collide, TRG-AMR Affected in Hour 12
- Dixon Leads; Several Cars in Trouble at 13-Hour Mark
- Jordan Taylor Leads at Halfway Mark in Daytona
- Action Express Racing Stopped in Ninth Hour
- Taylor Leads After 8 Hours in Daytona
Aleshin Completes SMP Racing’s Rolex 24 Lineup
- Updated: January 15, 2014
The lineup for SMP/ESM Racing’s Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 car for the Rolex 24 at Daytona is now complete. (En Français)
After testing four drivers at the Roar Before the Rolex 24, the Franco-Russian squad, flying the colors of Russian bank SMP, has confirmed the addition of Mikhail Aleshin for the opening round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
The 26-year-old rising open-wheel star, who recently signed to drive for Schmidt Peterson Racing in the IndyCar Series, will join Sergey Zlobin, Maurizio Mediani Boris Rotenberg and Mika Salo behind the wheel of the Prancing Horse, run in support by Extreme Speed Motorsports.
All five drivers are no strangers to SMP, having previously driven in the Blancpain Endurance Series as part of the team’s multi-car program.
This season, SMP will divide its time between several championships, including the FIA World Endurance Championship with two Oreca 03 Nissans and the European Le Mans Series with several Ferrari 458 GT3 cars. SMP won the GTC title in the ELMS last year.