- Kaffer Rejoins Risi for 24H Le Mans
- Alegra Enters Long Beach, Eyeing Full-Season Effort
- Sandberg Amongst Reiter Young Stars Drivers
- PHOTOS: Monza Thursday Gallery
- Monza Thursday Notebook
- Calado: “I’m in a Better Position to Win Races”
- Serra, Stanaway Complete AMR Lineup For First Three Races
- ART to Support McLaren Entry in GT4 European Southern Cup
- Buhk Headlines GruppeM Lineup for Blancpain GT Asia
- Porsche Completes 30-Hour Test at Paul Ricard
Manthey Porsche Hits Trouble in Hour 16
- Updated: January 13, 2017
The No. 12 Manthey Racing Porsche GT3 R, which led through portions of the night, has hit trouble after a collision in the 16th hour of the Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai.
Otto Klohs was at the wheel of the Porsche when he was hit by another car, causing left-front damage to the overnight race leader, and dropping the entry to fifth overall and nearly two laps behind.
The No. 911 Herberth Motorsport Porsche of Robert Renauer, who retook the lead shortly before Kloh’s accident, is now out front, one lap ahead of the No. 2 Black Falcon Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Manuel Metzger in second.
Maro Engel runs in third in the No. 3 Black Falcon entry.
Trouble has also hit the highest-placed Lamborghini Huracan GT3, with left-rear suspension failure for the No. 21 Konrad Motorsport entry, after reported contact as well. The car had been running inside the top-10 overall.
There’s been a total of 15 Code 60 periods so far, the latest for the No. 52 Team Sally Racing Renault Clio Clup III, which stopped in Turn 14 just prior to 6 a.m. local time.