Aston Martin Racing is set for a return to the FIA World Endurance Championship with a three-car effort, the British manufacturer has revealed.
Team principal John Gaw told Sportscar365 that it has submitted two GTE-Pro entries with the new 2016-spec Vantage GTE car, as well as a single GTE-Am entry, again for Paul Dalla Lana.
It marks a reduction from AMR’s five-car full-season effort last year, which saw three Vantages in GTE-Pro.
Dalla Lana, who is competing in this weekend’s Rolex 24 at Daytona in an AMR-entered V12 Vantage GT3, will again team with Mathias Lauda and Pedro Lamy in a previous-generation Aston in GTE-Am.
Gaw said the driver lineups for the pair of GTE-Pro cars will be confirmed during the team’s 2016 presentation on Feb. 19 but indicated factory drivers Darren Turner, Jonny Adam and Richie Stanaway would be part of the lineup.
Aston Martin is set to do battle alongside a two-car AF Corse effort with the new Ferrari 488 GTE, the two new Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GTs as well as a single Porsche 911 RSR entered by Dempsey Proton Racing.