- Action Express Retains Full-Season Driver Lineup for 2017
- Oreca 07 Revealed
- Michimi: “You Could Almost Call it a Dream Season”
- Double Stint: Estoril Recap; Harry Tincknell Interview (10.25.16)
- Belicchi Joins Villorba Corse for Dallara LMP2 Effort
- Applications Open for IMSA Hurley Haywood GT3 Cup Scholarship
- Brandela Joins Larbre for 6H Shanghai
- VIDEO: 2017 Porsche 911 GTE Testing at Sebring
- Lamborghini ST Middle East Launched
- 2017 IMSA Silly Season Update: Prototype Challenge
Teams Continue to Commit to Blancpain Sprint, Endurance Series
- Updated: January 14, 2014
It’s been a busy week of news for the Blancpain GT Series, with a number of teams confirming their programs for the Sprint, Endurance or both championships.
***Team Parker Racing is the latest outfit to reveal plans, confirming that it will field a 2014-spec Audi R8 LMS ultra in BES this year. Ian Loggie, Chris Jone and Julian Westwood will pilot the Audi, run by the British squad, which regularly competes in the Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain.
***Danish squad Insight Racing, meanwhile, has reaffirmed plans to return to BES with its Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 car for drivers Martin Jensen and Dennis Andersen, competing in the Pro-Am category.
***The Jaguar brand will be represented in the full GT Championship by Emil Frey Racing, with the all-Swiss lineup of Fredy Barth, Lorenz Frey and Gabriele Gardel, who will pilot a self-built Jaguar XK GT3 car.
***Rhino’s Leipert Motorsport has revealed that will also contest both BES and BSS with its Lamborghini Gallardo GT3, while Boutsen Ginon Racing is aiming to also compete in the full championship with a McLaren MP4-12C, with Karim Ojjeh the only confirmed driver thus far.
The Endurance season kicks off at Monza on April 12-13, with the newly renamed Sprint championship (formerly FIA GT Series) getting underway one week later in Nogaro, as part of the Easter Cup weekend in France.
Teams and drivers competing in both championships will be eligible for an end-of-season Blancpain GT Series title.
*Laurent Mercier contributed to this article