- VIDEO: Silverstone Friday Highlights
- Official FIA WEC App Released
- Inside the LMP1 Revolution
- Silverstone Friday Notebook
- Audi Quickest on Friday at Silverstone
- Zanardi: “I Want to be Really Close to the Best BMWs”
- DHH: “This Opportunity Was Just Perfect”
- Jota Sport Quickest in ELMS Opening Practice at Silverstone
- Minassian: “It’s the Continuity of Last Year but Even Stronger”
- 8Star Evaluating Pirelli World Challenge Program
Westbrook Suffers Massive Accident in Daytona Testing
- Updated: November 19, 2013
Richard Westbrook escaped injury following a massive accident Tuesday at Daytona International Speedway in TUDOR United SportsCar Championship testing.
The Englishman’s No. 90 Spirit of Daytona Corvette DP suffered an unidentified failure while braking into the high-speed Turn 1 section on the 3.56-mile oval/road course, sending the car airborne and into a series of rolls, according to multiple eyewitness.
Westbrook was treated and released from the infield medical center but could not be reached for comment.
The car sustained considerable damage to all four corners, which has resulted in the Troy Flis-led squad packing after completing just a few hours of testing with its newly upgraded DP.
Sportscar365 will have more on this developing story as it breaks.