- Continental Tire IMSA Driver Spotlight: Robin Liddell
- Jochen Mass Named Grand Marshal for 2015 Rolex 24
- Championships to Be Decided at Petit Le Mans
- DTM, Super GT Agree on Common Engine Regs for 2017
- NGT Withdraws from Petit Le Mans
- Weekend Racing Roundup, 9.29
- Bove (Pirelli WC): “GT Cup Completes the Ladder System”
- Project Brabham Hits Halfway on First Crowdfunding Target
- Skeen Set To Make FIA WEC Debut with AF Corse in Fuji
- Goikhberg: “You Want to Get In And Be Fast Right Away”
Eurasia Planning LMP2, CN Programs
- Updated: June 21, 2014
The Asian Le Mans Series grid continues to grow, with Eurasia Motorsport announcing this week that it will campaign a LMP2 and CN car in the burgeoning sports car championship this year.
The Mark Goddard-run squad, which previously operated the Craft Racing entries, confirmed plans to run a Tatuus PY012 CN car alongside an Oreca 03 Nissan, the latter through an expected partnership with Murphy Prototypes.
The team is currently in talks with several drivers for the seats, with the lineup set to be finalized and announced in the coming weeks.
“As an addition to a formula car program or a means to develop an LMP career, this is an opportunity not to be missed,” Goddard said.
“The Asian Le Mans Series is a high level international ACO series and drivers and teams competing are putting themselves on the radar of the movers and shakers in LMP and GT racing.”
As many as ten prototypes, spread between the LMP2 and new-for-2014 CN class, are expected for the five-round championship, which kicks off at Korea’s Inje Speedium on July 20.