- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Oversubscribed Entry for SprintX at VIR; DIME Added as Alternate
- Updated: April 21, 2017
Next weekend’s Pirelli World Challenge SprintX season-opener has reached an oversubscribed capacity, with two additional entries being added and one as an alternate.
A total of 36 cars are now listed to take part in the weekend’s activities, with the No. 30 MOMO/NGT Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 of Henrique Cisneros having been confirmed as the 35th entry for the race.
DIME Racing, which debuted its Lamborghini Huracan GT3 in the Long Beach Sprint race, meanwhile, has been added as an alternate.
Jonathan Summerton is listed to drive alongside Michael Macs in the GT Pro/Am class, should one of the confirmed entries not be able to take part in the races.
A limit of 35 cars was imposed at VIR due to pit lane space, with a similar limit understood to be in place for the next two SprintX rounds at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and Lime Rock Park as well.
The VIR round will mark the largest-ever SprintX round, following the championship’s three-round pilot series last year.
Track action is set to get underway on Thursday with a pair of promoter test sessions.