- 25 Cars on Detroit Entry List
- Revised Rebellion R-One AER Completes Rollout
- Additional Rain Lights for Prototypes in Wake of Nakajima Crash
- GTLM Class Poised for Growth in 2016
- BMW Pursuing GTLM Homologation of M6 GT3
- Decision Over Lamborghini Monza Appeal Postponed
- Strakka Switches to Dunlop Tires for Remainder of Season
- Rast: “The Ultimate Goal is to do a Full Season in LMP1″
- Joint DTM/Super GT Races Planned for 2017, 2018
- GP2 Poised to Join FIA WEC Round in Bahrain
Muscle Milk Pulls Plug on TUSC Program
- Updated: April 17, 2014
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing has pulled the plug on its TUDOR United SportsCar Championship program, with immediate effect.
The two-time ALMS P1 champions previously announced that it would skip the Long Beach and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca rounds in order to focus on further development of its Oreca 03 Nissan package.
However, a team representative confirmed to Sportscar365 on Thursday that they will not take part in any further races this year. No reason for the withdrawal has been given.
Pickett joins Level 5 Motorsports and GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing that have ended their TUDOR Championship programs early.
The team’s future remains unclear at this point, with no firm direction pointing towards the possibility of any new program.
It’s understood Pickett was the front runner to campaign the Nismo-supported Nissan GTR GT3 in GT Daytona, but the status of that initiative is unknown.