- Bonanomi Replaces Kimber-Smith at PR1/Mathiasen for COTA
- Cadillac Yet to Declare Driver Pairings for VIR
- Ford, Ferrari Evaluating Evo Kits for 2018
- Prestige/WTR Confirm Lamborghini ST Driver Lineups
- Double Stint: Monza Recap, Kenton Koch Interview (4.25.17)
- New Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Breaks Cover; Begins Testing Program
- Jacques, Pierre Nicolet Headline Eurasia 24H Le Mans Lineup
- Ginetta Open to Future Evolutions of LMP1 Car
- Johansson Returns to Driving in Scuderia Corsa Ferrari for SprintX
- Morad Joins Dalziel in CRP Mercedes for SprintX
Hanley Quickest in ELMS Free Practice at Silverstone
- Updated: April 14, 2017
DragonSpeed driver Ben Hanley set the fastest lap time of the European Le Mans Series Silverstone weekend so far in Free Practice 2 on Friday morning, with a time of 1:44.647.
This put the No. 21 Oreca 07 Gibson 0.052 seconds than the sister G-Drive Racing-backed car which topped Thursday’s opening session, driven by Ryo Hirakawa.
Richard Bradley was second in the 90-minute session, with a time 0.209 seconds off the pace, in the No. 40 Graff Oreca.
United Autosports’ Filipe Albuquerque went third, but with the No. 32 Ligier JS P217 Gibson over one second down on Hanley.
Villorba Corse ended the session sixth in the highest-placed Dallara P217 Gibson, a further 1.2 seconds behind.
Wayne Boyd led the way in LMP3 with his No. 3 United Autosports Ligier JS P3 Nissan edging out Simon Gachet’s Panis Barthez Competition car by three tenths, ahead of the other United car in third.
The Aston Martin Vantage GTE remained the fastest car in the GTE ranks, with Darren Turner setting the fastest time in the Beechdean AMR entry.
Matt Griffin was just 0.030 seconds down in the No. 55 Spirit of Race Ferrari 488 GTE, meanwhile.
Free Practice for the Four Hours of Silverstone is now completed, with qualifying scheduled for 2:05 p.m. today, which will be streamed on the series website, YouTube and Dailymotion channels.
RESULTS: Free Practice 2