- Pier Guidi Puts AF Corse Ferrari on Pole at Monza
- Gutierrez Takes PC Race 2 Win at Barber
- Monza Saturday Notebook
- SMP Ferrari Quickest in Pre Qualifying at Monza
- Inaugural SprintX Champions Mills Rules Out PWC Return
- ISR Audi Tops First Practice at Monza; Strakka McLaren Crashes
- Schiller: “I’m Very Confident With My Decision”
- Koch Dominates in Prototype Challenge Series Return at Barber
- Bleekemolen Reunites with Pappas for SprintX Rounds
- 20 Full-Season Entries for Le Mans Cup
Kubica Set for Maiden 24 Hour Race in Dubai
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Robert Kubica will continue his move into sports car racing by entering the Hankook 24 Hours of Dubai later this month, the ex-Formula 1 driver confirmed on his Facebook page on Thursday.
Kubica will race for Olimp Racing alongside Robert Lukas, Marcin Jedlinski, Santiago Creel and Wolf Henzler in a Porsche 911 GT3 R.
He competed in the 24H Series’ 12 Hours of Mugello in 2016, before the Renault Sport Trophy round at Spa-Francorchamps followed by the Six Hours of Vallelunga.
In addition, he tested with ByKolles in the FIA World Endurance Championship Bahrain Rookie Test in November, telling Sportscar365 that he was interested in a FIA WEC drive if one came about in 2017.
“Dear fans,” he wrote. “I would like to confirm that I will do a race in Dubai on 12th-14th of January. I will join a national team in a Porsche GT3 car and I will try some 24-hours racing.”
The Pole joins a growing list of high-profile drivers for the Middle Eastern enduro, including 2015 FIA WEC champion Brendon Hartley, who will be at the wheel of Precote Herberth Motorsport’s Porsche, also in A6-GT3.